Do I have to live on campus my first year?

No, CWC does not require students to live on campus.

Do I need my high school transcripts to apply?

Yes, you need to have your high school transcripts mailed to:
Central Wyoming College
Registration & Records
2660 Peck Ave.
Riverton WY 82501

Do I need to take an entrance exam?

If you have your recent ACT scores mailed to CWC's Registration & Records Office, or if you are a returning college student, you will not need to take a placement test. If you do not have recent ACT scores, you will need to take the Compass Placement Test.

Do you have an intercollegiate athletics program?

CWC participates in intercollegiate women's volleyball, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's rodeo.

Do you have housing for families?

Yes. CWC has apartments for families. Please see the Policies Page for more information.

How does my student apply for scholarships?

To receive full consideration for general scholarships, your student's admission materials must be on file with Central Wyoming College. The Financial Aid Office has more information about specific programs and applying for financial aid, but it is a highly recommended that every student fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), regardless of how they will be paying for school – you just never know when they may be able to receive financial assistance, and since it takes 4-6 weeks to process a FAFSA, that time can be critical, so having one already completed saves a lot of time and may indicate the availability of extra financial assistance to your student.

What if I don't have my high school transcripts?

If you don't have high school transcripts because you were home schooled or earned a GED, you may still apply to attend CWC. You will be required to take a Compass Placement Test.

What is the Central Wyoming Campus like?

The CWC campus is located next to the beautiful Wind River Mountains. The campus is small with beautiful trees and acres of green lawn. CWC has the look and feel of a traditional community college campus, yet continues to be on the cutting edge of technology. Students enjoy short walks to classes, recreational activities, and a safe and secure environment. For more information on the campus and activities, Life @ Central.

What is the weather like in Riverton?

The average temperature is 44 degrees F, the lowest average minimum temperature is 17 degrees F, and the highest average minimum daily temperature is 82 degrees F. Keep in mind these figures include the whole year.

When is New Student Orientation?

New Student Orientation consists of a series of events for both you and your student. A Fall and Spring Orientation Program is offered on campus just prior to the start of the term. Information regarding the times, dates and locations is mailed to admitted students. Contact Academic Advising for more information.

CWC Admissions Office
Administrative Wing AW160
Email: Admissions


Consistent with its mission to value diversity and to treat all individuals with dignity and respect, Central Wyoming College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational program services or activities. The college makes reasonable accommodations to serve students with special needs and offers services to students who have the ability to benefit.
©2010 Central Wyoming College - All Rights Reserved